Thursday, February 28, 2013

Seymour Shines as Valley defeats Northern Highlands in State Tournament

Since I have been extremely busy lately and the game that Boys Basketball has against Teaneck is in about an hour, I am going to give a few quotes from Jamie Seymour, who scored a career high 27 points on Tuesday night. Senior Kyle Schneider also added a quote.

For starters, Pascack Valley defeated Northern Highlands 78-64 to advance to the Quarterfinals of the state tournament.

When asked about his performance, Seymour responded, " I didn't really think much of my shots. I was focused on the scoreboard and getting the W."

I then asked if he knew that he had scored 27 points, which was a career high. Seymour added, "I didn't know how many points I had. All I had in my head was "win".

When asked the keys to the game, Kyle Schneider answered, "They were playing a triangle and 2 and they played a small lineup. We were able to find the mismatches and get the ball down low."

Finally, I asked Seymour what the Indians needed to do to defeat top seeded Teaneck. "If we want to defeat Teaneck, we have to stop them in transition because that is where Teaneck is most effective. We also have to take care of the ball. We can't commit turnovers against a team that can get out on the break. We have to clean up the boards and get up on the three point line. If we do these things, I believe we will be fine.

It is do or die now for Pascack Valley.

Will they step up?

No comments:

Post a Comment